Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Last Draft

It's kind of crazy when you think about it just how much has changed and at the same time how much has stayed the same since I started this blog. At first I had no pictures, it was text only posts, and then I never had pictures of me, and then I wouldn't even show my face. Now I'm outside, I'm in a pose, I'm in a dress I made (because I didn't used to use patterns ever, and now I do). It's crazy. So here it is, my last post on MRE. For this one, I chose memories that really stood out to me.

My Chemical Converse Thrifting Weekend of Doom - I chose this because I love Converse, I love MCR (and this would be the last time I ever saw them in concert) and I loved thrifting with my friend Kit. Some of those things I'll never have again and it's just a precious memory to me.

Yes, Bitch, I am Eating That - I should write posts where I talk about the bullshit that women put each other through more often, because I'm stick of being blamed or judged based on my appearance and weight, and having other people's weight issues thrust upon me. It is not my problem that you don't see yourself very clearly.

The Little Prince Movie Review - I think I cried for a week after this movie. Seriously. GENE FUCKING WILDER.

Well, that's it. That's me for right now. I'm finished here, for now. See you on the new blog Cirque du Frock!

5 comments:

  1. I got scared thinking you were going to stop blogging just as I picked it back up, haha. See you on your other blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent end, and a hopeful beginning. It's been awesome meeting you and getting to know you! Onward and upward, Meghan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been a fun ride here on MRE! I can't wait to see how the new blog goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the best things about blogging is how it allows us to become braver in incremental steps. We do a tiny bit; realize the world doesn't bit; do a little more; etc. You have certainly traveled far in your journey. It's exciting to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Megs, you've such a champ.

    I love how you've put closure on this blog yet continuing the journey. The growth we do while exploring our topics is incredible and I like the idea of being able to go back and see the bread crumbs of our travels from here to there.

    Congrats on the Cirque. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete