Monday, April 29, 2013

Get Off The Edge

I've been thinking a lot lately, guys, about this blog. About what it means and what it stands for, and what it means to me personally. I've been thinking about why I started it and how it's evolved over the years (or how it's not evolved). I've come to a decision.

I'm stepping off the Edge.

I've created a new blog - Cirque du Frock - and I'm going to start writing on that blog now. That's it. That's the big thing I've been working on lately. I've been trying to get everything ready just to tell you.

The tough part was trying to figure out if I wanted to just change the name - from Meg's Ragged Edge to Cirque du Frock on this blog - or start fresh. I really think it's time to start fresh. Every once in a while, you need to be able to hit a restart button. I need that here. I don't want to close down Ragged Edge, though, because it's still me. It's who I've been for the last few years. Maybe one day I'll post here again, but for right now, I'm moving to a new blog.

So here is what I'm going to do. We're going to do a weeks worth of posts that kind of revisit things I've loved doing for MRE, and starting next Monday I'll begin posting to Cirque du Frock.

1.) Watson Coat DIY (2.) The Broken Pearls (3.) So Long and Good Night
Today we're starting with three of my favorite posts from the last six months. I picked these posts to link to because they mean something to me. I love my Watson coat and it's become more than a fan project to me. It's my coat. I wore it all winter and I love it. It is also a project I'm proud of because it required patience and subtlety, two things I'm not really known for. I picked The Broken Pearls because it was the first time in months I'd posted something honest for you guys. And I picked So Long and Good Night because it explains a lot about why I love MCR the way that I do.

In fact, the title of this post is ripped a little from an MCR song - Save Yourself, I'll Hold Them Back. That song is the song I cling to when I feel a panic attack coming on (originally it was Famous Last Words but after Danger Days I really love Save Yourself). Here are the lyrics to it:

Get off the ledge and drop the knife
Not a victim of a victim's life
This ain't a room full of suicides
We're believers, I believe tonight

We can leave this world, leave it all behind
We can steal this car if your folks don't mind
We can live forever if you've got the time

Na na na na na, na na na na na
If you save yourself tonight


(Lyrics Source

So it's a little bittersweet, because I've worked very hard on this blog, but I really think it's best that I pick a new name, a new start and just go from there. I hope you guys come with me!

8 comments:

  1. A fresh start is always a good thing. I've, of course, already followed over there. Looking forward to your new endeavors, whatever they may be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just need to start over - this blog is still rad, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the new one will bring :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your fresh start.. but where's the follow button :3
    xo, Lara
    http://laralizard.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew. My heart stopped reading your second paragraph. Fortunately, you're remaining online so my heart could start beating again. Losing you totally would have been heart-breaking.

    A fresh start makes sense. We all change directions, especially at your age. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Change can be good! I'm excited to see what you will do with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been missing you! I'm bookmarking the new site right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I say if you feel like you need refresh, go for it! Definitely will see you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete