Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Inspiration Tuesday: LONG List

I have so much to share with you this Tuesday! It's mostly Pinterest and exhaustion's fault. When I'm too tired to do anything like read or comment on blogs (which has been a lot lately) I stalk Pinterest for HOURS. This week there are SO MANY good outfit ideas and DIY inspirations and beautiful hair! So settle in and get ready for my long list.

Pin
I love everything about this outfit. I love the patterned leggings, the weird shoes (they'd be great for spring and fall) and I love that long swingy tunic with the raven on the front. She looks punk but in an everyday kind of way (not in the over-the-top way?).

Link
I really like the harsh lines of where they didn't stencil a galaxy on this shirt. I think it would be neat to do something similar with the splatter paint look I had going on yesterday.

Link
This item is already sold, but this etsy artist has a lot of really cool bags in her shop. I REALLY wish I could have an MCR one, though! I need to get back into doing things I used to do- I used to love to make tote bags but haven't in a really long time because I've been obsessed with making dresses. Same reason I don't really make jewelry much anymore (even though this time two years ago I had a jewelry store on etsy).
Pin
Pin
 I love these two outfits. I think their ruffled layers look adorable and warm at the same time, and I love their boots!! They are great looks and I'm trying to figure out what in my closet I can wear to imitate this.

Pin
Also, I need this in my life to wear under my dresses. It's beautiful, ladylike and old fashioned, which are usually not words you want to hear when talking about things you wear these days, but I love it. It also looks soft and like something I could easily sleep in. I like that idea, actually. Having something under my dress that in an emergency can serve as a night gown (like, if suddenly the world is like Mad Max or Tank Girl and you're always on the run- you need multipurpose garments).

Pin
Even though I don't want to bleach my hair again, because it sucked, I would love to have this color hair. So maybe a wig. But c'mon, isn't that a bad ass color? I am also obsessed with the two-color looks I've seen floating around on Pinterest for the last few months. Boyfriend says I would never maintain it properly, and he's right- I'm lazy about that stuff- but wouldn't I look cute if I DID maintain it properly?

Pin
Pin
Pin
Speaking of two toned girls, boyfriend and I are both obsessed with this girl. We've never ever watched The Voice in the past, but we happened to be channel flipping as this girl was singing and since then we've become hooked! We've even voted for her. Look up her version of Toxic and Seven Nation Army. You won't be sorry.

Pin

I love this outfit so much. I love black tights, lacy swingy dresses, but the stars on the shoes just take the cake! And I do know I need to make some more long neckalces because I love that chunky metal look.

Pin
I love the striped skirt with her leather boots and denim shirt. I even like her obnoxious pearl necklace (does she watch that broke girls show?). I just love stripes. Love love love stripes.
Link
So who else needs this ring as much as I do? Everyone? That's what I thought. ;-)

Pin
I am obsessed with these shirts. I pin one every time I see it. I love the large blocky cross on the front. It's very hard and graphic and edgy. Now, I would never wear a cross, so what other things would you recommend slapping on the front of a sweater? (I've already got skull and fleur de lis on my list and am open to other suggestions.)

Link
I need this. The whole outfit. I LOVE that necklace (even though I can't see what it is) and I LOVE that shirt and I LOVE those jeans. WHY can't I look this bad ass? (Oh yeah- I won't spend $400 bucks on some destroyed jeans. That's  why.)

Pin
 I saw this piece of art on Pinterest and I knew I needed to pin it, but the image comes from Tumblr and I've had some problems tracing shit to it's original source through Tumblr. So if you know the artist, or you are the artist, please let me know so I can link to you because this picture is amazing and I love it SO SO MUCH. All of my art has a skeleton/dead theme, so I always appreciate others who do it (and do it well- because my art is crap).

Pin
And lastly, a Blythe. I wasn't going to link to a doll this week, but look at that little rag doll she's holding! I want one of those more than I want the damn Blythe doll. (Ok. Not more, but just as much.) How adorable!!! And I LOVE the paint job on this custom doll. Very cool.

If you're looking to read something amazing, take a gander at this article by Nearsighted Owl (click here). As far as purple hair, tattoos and crazy clothes- I totally feel her on this one. I've had a lot of problems with many jobs over the years because of my appearance choices and it's stupid. People can be so stupid. I've gotten reactions like the one she describes with her client.

Also, I love this Salvation Army post by Positive Ponderings. I've been aware of discrimination (and ridiculous prices) from the Salvation Army for a while but she really sums it up best.

Well, that's all the inspiration I've got for you this week! I told you it was going to be long!

7 comments:

  1. Great post; lots of fun. My advice: buy a wig. Or two. Or three. They are easy ways to play around with new hair-styles and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be long, but you found a lot of fun ideas here! I love Pinterest, I too can get lost for hours there, it's kind of dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do a plus sign instead of a cross. Do it in red and it will be medical. I'd kill for a sweater like that. Gosh I miss my pink hair like crazy. I wonder if the DH would let me redo it. I agree with Ally, buy a wig! Thanks to the cosplay community - there are usually good quality affordable wigs available in a rainbow of colors and cuts. I've worn a few myself over the years.

    I'm clicking over to your last two links to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A red medical plus sign would be awesome- what a good idea! Any good stores you'd recommend for wigs?

      Delete
  4. The My Chemical Romance bag might be better than my bat bag. I lov ethe Blythe and the rag doll <3
    About hair tones, I agree with Shybiker! Bleaching and 2-toning are difficult to maintain :P
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shybiker- I've been thinking about it because there is this androgynous side of me that I've never been able to express because my hair is SO feminine. I'll let you know if I go for a wig!

    Bethie- My name is Meghan and I have a Pinterest Problem.... ;-)

    Lara- I LOVE THAT BAG!! I might need to make something like it. I love dolls so much, it's a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the fluer de lis idea. maybe you could do a star of david for jewish, or a yin/yang, and i like the medical idea.

    ReplyDelete